Can you help us train a puppy?
We are looking for amazing individuals to join our volunteering family and help us train our pups.
Why become a Volunteer Puppy Trainer?
You'll be able to:
- Take one of our adorable puppies or young dogs home for anywhere between 6- 18 months.
- Learn more about dog training and attend fun puppy classes.
- Meet like minded people and make new friendships
- Directly help deaf people leave loneliness behind and reconnect with life.
Meet some of our newest recruits...
Why we need your help
Our puppy training catchment areas
We are currently looking for dog care volunteers in and around the following areas:
Beverley & Hull (Selby & Pocklington)
York & Harrogate (Wakefield & Pontefract)
Could you train a puppy?
You don't need to have any previous experience to apply for this role! We only look for the following things in our Volunteer Puppy Trainers:
- A loving home with a secure garden.
Volunteers who can dedicate sufficient time to puppy training on a daily basis, and attend our weekday daytime classes.
- Volunteers who can drive and have access to a vehicle.
We are also looking for volunteers in the above areas who can provide temporary homes for our young recruits when their full time volunteer goes away or in an emergency. This can range from a few days to 4 weeks at a time so we look for volunteers who have at least 4+ consecutive days available.
Do you have any questions about this role?
If so, please get in touch with our friendly and helpful volunteering team. They can give you more information about puppy socialising or any other volunteering role you may be interested in. Send them an enquiry today or contact them using their details below.