Could you help train one of our puppies?
We are looking for amazing volunteers, around the UK, to help train our young dogs who will go on to help deaf people leave loneliness behind and to reconnect with life.
As a volunteer puppy trainer you will be able to:
- Look after one of our adorable puppies or young dogs home for anywhere between 6- 18 months at a time.
- Learn more about dog training and attend fun puppy classes.
- Meet like minded people and make new friendships
- Directly help deaf people leave loneliness behind and reconnect with life.
We require the following:
- A loving home with a secure garden.
Volunteers who are at home for the majority of the day and can dedicate sufficient time to puppy training on a daily basis, and attend our weekday daytime classes.
- Access to a vehicle for training and emergency purposes.
- Volunteers who are over 18 and live in one of our catchment areas.
No previous experience is required for this role - you will have full support and guidance from a local, qualified, Hearing Dogs Dog Trainer.
Meet some of our newest recruits...
Our puppy training catchment areas
We are currently looking for dog care volunteers in and around the following areas:
York & Harrogate (Wakefield & Pontefract)
We are looking for short term cover* in the following areas:
East Cheshire & North Staffordshire
Peterborough & Cambridgeshire
*We are also looking for volunteers in the above areas who can provide temporary homes for our young recruits when their full time volunteer goes away or in an emergency. This can range from a few days to 4 weeks at a time so we look for volunteers who have at least 5 consecutive days available.
Do you have any questions about this role?
If so, please get in touch with our friendly and helpful volunteering team. They can give you more information about puppy training or any other volunteering role you may be interested in. Send them an enquiry today or contact them using their details below.