Could you help train one of our puppies?
We are looking for amazing volunteers, around the UK, to help train our young dogs who will go on to help deaf people leave loneliness behind and to reconnect with life.
As a volunteer puppy trainer you will be able to:
- Look after one of our adorable puppies or young dogs for anywhere between 6- 18 months at a time.
- Learn more about dog training and attend fun puppy classes.
- Meet like minded people and make new friendships
- Directly help deaf people leave loneliness behind and reconnect with life.
We require the following:
- A loving home with a secure garden.
- Access to a computer & video calling facilities are essential for online training & induction courses.
Adequate time to dedicate to training a young dog on a daily basis. We cannot consider your application if you work full time, even if you work from home.
- Access to a vehicle for training and emergency purposes.
- Volunteers who are over 18 and live in one of our catchment areas.
No previous experience is required for this role - you will have full support and guidance from a local, qualified, Hearing Dogs Dog Trainer in personal and online.
Meet some of our newest recruits...
Our puppy training catchment areas
We are currently looking for full-time volunteers in and around the following areas:
Scotland - Edinburgh & Midlothian
North East - Gateshead & Sunderland, Darlington, City of Durham
Hampshire - Southampton, Winchester & Fareham
Devon - Exeter & Taunton
We are also looking for temporary (holiday cover) homes across the UK. Please get in touch to find out about local vacancies for this role. You must have at least 4-5 consecutive days available to dedicate to a visiting dog.
Do you have any questions about this role?
If so, please get in touch with our friendly and helpful volunteering team. They can give you more information about puppy training or any other volunteering role you may be interested in. Send them an enquiry today or contact them using their details below.