Take a tour of a Hearing Dogs training centre
Take a tour of one of Hearing Dogs for Deaf People’s training centres located in Buckinghamshire and Yorkshire. See behind the scenes to learn how we train our clever hearing dogs.
Both centres are open to the public on Thursday afternoons for pre-booked guided tours from February to December. They are conducted by some of our valued volunteers and include a guided tour of our training facilities with the opportunity to meet hearing dogs in training, a demonstration of a hearing dog’s work, visit to the kennels and the screening of a DVD about the Charity.
Our tours are often booked several months ahead, and tours during half term and school holidays for groups of children are especially popular, so it is wise to book ahead. In order to reduce disruption to our work, tours are limited in numbers to 20 guests per weekly tour.
Our headquarters are at The Grange – which consists of office space for our fundraising, communications, finance, volunteering and HR staff. As well as this, we have hearing dog training houses, recipient accommodation, kennel blocks, a puppy training hall and 27 acres to exercise the dogs.
We also offer optional lunch and afternoon tea in our on-site restaurant.
- Tour with two-course lunch, tea/coffee and afternoon tea with freshly baked scone, jam and clotted cream - £20.00
- Tour with two-course lunch - £16.00
- Tour with afternoon tea with freshly baked scone, jam and clotted cream - £9.00
- Tour only - £5.00
Please report to Reception on arrival.
- 12.30pm – (optional) Lunch in our Barn Restaurant
- 1.30pm – Tour starts from Reception
- 1.30pm – Talk and video presentation
- 2.15pm – Hearing dog demonstration
- 2.30pm – Tour of the Centre. Including a trip to the training kennels and an opportunity to visit our shop selling items from the catalogue.
- 3.00pm – (optional) Afternoon tea in our Barn Restaurant
- NB: Adults are responsible for the suitability of all food/drink consumed by children in their care.
For further details and booking please call 01844 348135 or email email@example.com
How to get to The Grange
Find The Grange on the map.
The Beatrice Wright Centre, Yorkshire
The Beatrice Wright Training Centre in Bielby in the East Riding of Yorkshire was purchased in 2006 and officially opened by our Royal Patron, HRH The Princess Royal, in 2008. It is a purpose-built centre with everything we need to train our hearing dogs including training houses, a kennel block and a puppy training hall as well as acres of land to exercise the dogs.
Tour including afternoon tea with homemade cake - £5.00
Please follow Thursday Tour signage on arrival down to the Puppy Hall.
- 2.00pm – Tour starts in Puppy Hall
- 2.00pm – Talk and video presentation
- 2.30pm – Hearing dog demonstration
- 3.00pm – Tour of the centre including a trip to the training kennels
- 3.30pm – Afternoon tea and the opportunity to buy items from the catalogue
For further details and bookings please call 07769 901 292 or email BWCinfo@hearingdogs.org.uk
How to get toThe Beatrice Wright Training Centre
Find The Beatrice Wright Training Centre on the map.
Enquire about a tour
If you're interested in a tour at either our Buckinghamshire or Yorkshire centres, you can use the contact details listed above or submit your enquiry using the form below.
Use of your data Your data will be only be processed by Hearing Dogs for Deaf People to enable us to abide with your wishes and to ensure our records are up to date.