Hearing Dogs Tours
Introduction to Hearing Dogs | Deaf awareness experience | Hearing dog demonstration
Would you like to see behind-the-scenes of our Southern Training Centre at The Grange? You'll learn about our life-changing hearing dogs, see a soundwork demonstration, and find our how our clever dogs help deaf people to leave loneliness behind and reconnect with life.
Choose your Tuesday Tour: £7.50 per adult and £5 per child (under 16) >> Book your tour now!
The Grange Restaurant: Why not top or tail your tour with a delicious meal? Whether it is a healthy lunch before the tour, or enjoying a classic Afternoon Tea afterwards. Book your table today!
About The Grange
Based just outside Saunderton, nestled in the pretty Chiltern Hills, you’ll find our Southern Training Centre, affectionately called ‘The Grange’. You might even have seen our signs peeking above the hedges as you drive between Princes Risborough and Wycombe.
It’s where we train amazing hearing dogs who change deaf people’s lives, as well as run all our other services for people with all levels of hearing loss.
About the tour
Our pre-booked tours, for 20-30 people at a time, are given by our fabulous, friendly volunteers. They’ll show you how, where and why we train cute little puppies that become incredible hearing dogs.
You’ll also have a tour of the site, see a demo of what our dogs do (it’s impressive, every time), maybe meet some hearing dogs in training, and find out from our deaf partners how their lives have been changed.
Some points you might need to bear in mind:
- Much as we love dogs, unfortunately we cannot allow pet dogs on the tour. This is for the health and safety of our own furry friends.
- Both adult and children tickets must be booked online.
- Children (under 16) must be accompanied by an adult/guardian at all times during the tour.
- The tour involves walking around our site, which might require 15 minutes of walking and some steps.
- We have Blue Badge parking facilities. Please note that certain parts of the site may be uneven. If you would like to contact us to discuss wheelchair access or any other type of access prior to booking a ticket, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Charity supporting people with hearing loss, we are fully equipped to support all levels of hearing loss, from induction loops to BSL interpreters. Please let us know if you have any specific requirements when booking.
Why not top or tail your tour with a delicious meal?
Don't forget we also have the beautiful Grange Restaurant on-site, which has become something of a Chilterns destination.
You can relax in our airy and spacious restaurant, or eat al fresco on the terrace or courtyard with a light bite or healthy lunch before the tour, or enjoy a cream tea or Classic Afternoon Tea afterwards.
To allow enough time for your freshly-prepared lunch, please make sure you book a table for 12:00pm; and for post-tour Tea and Scones, please book a table for 3pm. The restaurant closes at 4pm.
As with the tours, availability is limited, so book your table today!