Can you provide a home for a hearing dog mum?
We are looking for amazing individuals to join our volunteering family by offering a lifetime home to a hearing dog mum and look after litters of puppies until they are 8 weeks of age.
Why foster a hearing dog mum?
What you will get:
- One of our gorgeous hearing dog mums (who you can rehome once they retire).
- The opportunity to raise litters of puppies.
- All food, bedding, toys and all necessary equipment will be provided.
- Meet like minded people and make new friendships.
- Help us to totally transform the lives of deaf people.
Could you look after a hearing dog mum?
You don't need to have any previous experience to apply for this role but we do have the following requirements:
- A loving home with a secure garden.
- Volunteers must live within 45 minutes of The Grange, Saunderton.
- Volunteers who can drive and have 24 hour access to a vehicle.
- We ask that are dogs are not left along for more than 3 hours at a time and when the litter arrives, they can only be left alone for short periods of time, therefore we cannot consider your application if you work full time.
- To allow the brood to give birth in your home, and care for the litter until they are 8 weeks of age.*
* We have a brilliant team who will support you every step of the way. You will be given all the training and guidance you need ready for your first litter of puppies, and your allocated supervisor will be there, day or night, to support you through the birth.
You can download our full role description here.
About our breeds
We have trained a number of breeds to become hearing dogs, but over the last 35 years we have found our fantastic four. They are Labradors, Cocker Spaniels, Miniature Poodles and the mixed breed Cockapoos. These breeds all have the traits needed to become perfect hearing dogs.
We raise most of our puppies through our Kennel Club Assured Breeding Scheme, and we work with a number of external breeders around the country. If you have a preference for one of our breed types then please do let us know when you apply, we have several mum's of all our breeds coming into our breeding scheme in 2019.
Do you have any questions about this role?
If so, please get in touch with our friendly and helpful volunteering team. They can give you more information about joining our Breeding Scheme or any other volunteering role you may be interested in. Send them an enquiry today or contact them using their details below.