Hearing Dogs for Deaf People is fortunate to have beautiful gardens and all sorts of lovely outside areas at our sites in Buckinghamshire and East Riding of Yorkshire. We are immensely proud that our gardens at both sites, reflect the care we take in all aspects of our work, and that we have convivial spaces as well as quiet corners for staff, volunteers, partnerships, dogs, visitors and guests to rest a while.
We are looking for volunteers local to the Beatrice Wright Centre in Bielby, to come for a couple of hours a week to help maintain our gardens and grounds. Duties will include keeping paths and borders maintained with interesting and attractive planting. There are also a number of garden areas that require regular attention.
- Weeding and tidying paths & general areas.
- Planting, weeding and upkeep of borders and gardens.
- Maintaining pots and hanging baskets.
- Redevelopment and redesign of garden spaces.
- Other garden related duties for events as and when required.
What do we need?
- Someone who is available to come to our site in Bielby, near Pocklington for a couple hours per week.
- Volunteers who enjoy gardening and with basic knowledge of gardening.
- This role would suit novice and experienced gardeners alike.
- You would need to be confident working alone and using your own initiative, as well as being able to work with other volunteers.
- This role can be physically demanding and will require a certain level of mobility.
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18 due to insurance purposes.