Volunteers are needed to help ‘front of house’ by welcoming guests and supporting in the smooth running of The Grange Restaurant alongside employed staff and our professional caterers.
The Grange Restaurant supports the charity by raising awareness of our work and providing an excellent spot for hearing dog partnerships, volunteers, staff, donors and the general public to meet up.
The restaurant was designed with acoustic sound clouds, placing the comfort of those with hearing loss first, whilst also being incredibly dog friendly as you'd expect!
What do you get?
- The opportunity to welcome visitors to the charity, to spend time chatting and sharing your knowledge of Hearing Dogs and the local area with them.
- The chance to meet new people and possibly make great friends like Chloe & Linda.
- A truly lovely and convivial workplace in the heart of the Chiltern Hills.
- Full support and training to become part of a vibrant and busy team.
- A novel way to keep fit! One volunteer tracked her steps and recorded 3 miles in one shift on her Fitbit!
What do we need?
- This role suits people who like to be active, sociable and kept busy.
- Volunteers who enjoy a café/restaurant environment and understand what a great customer experience should be.
- Volunteers who have a happy disposition and ability to work as part of a team.
- We are looking for volunteers to help out during the week and weekends for 3-hour shifts on a regular basis.
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18.
- Please note: This role involves being on your feet and a good amount of walking between our outdoor dining areas and the kitchen.
Carol Day - Front of House volunteer
Front of house support volunteer FAQs
When do you need volunteers to come in?
We have the following vacancies, and we ask that you are able to commit to a full 3-hour shift on a weekly basis:
- Saturday AM / Saturday PM
- Sunday AM
AM shifts are 9am - 12noon
PM shifts are 12noon - 3pm, or 1pm - 4pm
Please state which shift would suit you best when applying for this role. These vacancies are regularly updated and allocated on a first come first served basis.
Do I need any previous experience of working in a café/restaurant/hospitality environment to apply for this role?
No, just enthusiasm and a willingness to learn please!
Do I need to know about Hearing Dogs and/or Hearing Link to apply for this role?
No, we will provide you with all the training and information required. A lot of knowledge is also gained on the job in talking to other volunteers and as your own experience grows.