We are looking for volunteers to help assist with the welcoming of customers, serving of food and beverages and clearing tables in our restaurant The Grange and our Cafe, The Little Grange.
What do you get?
- The opportunity to meet and greet new visitors and share your passion and knowledge of Hearing Dogs with them.
- The chance to meet new people - and dogs, in a convivial workplace.
- You will have the full support of the Artizian (our catering contracter) Manager and their team.
What do we need?
- Ideal for someone who would like to work in a café or restaurant.
- This role would suit someone who likes to be on their feet and kept busy.
- Volunteers who have a happy disposition and ability to work as part of a team.
- We are looking for volunteers to help out during the week and weekends for 3 hour shifts on a regular basis.
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18 due to insurance purposes.
- Please note: This role involves walking between our outdoor dining areas & the kitchen.
Front of house support volunteer FAQs
When do you need volunteers to come in?
We have the following vacancies, and we ask that you're able to do a full 3 hour shift on a weekly basis:
- Sunday AM / Sunday PM
AM shifts are 9am -12noon
PM shifts are 12noon -3pm
Please state what day would suit you when applying for this role, these vacancies are allocated on a first come first serve and subject to change.
Do I need any previous experience of working in a cafe/catering environment to apply for this role?
No, just enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!
Do I need to know about Hearing Dogs to apply for this role?
No - we will provide you with any training required, we just ask for a passion for the work we do here.