Duke of Edinburgh: Front of House Support
Hearing Dogs is pleased to be able to offer a volunteer role designed to help Duke of Edinburgh participants complete their Bronze Award volunteering hours.
We are looking for students to volunteer in The Grange Restaurant & Gift Shop at our head office in Saunderton, Buckinghamshire. The role allows students to complete their volunteer hours at the weekend, on a weekly basis, over three consecutive months.
The general purpose of this role is to assist with welcoming customers, serving food and beverages, and clearing tables. Specifically, you may be asked to:
- Welcome guests and help them find a suitable table.
- Chat to guests generally and about Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
- Serve food and beverages.
- Clear, clean and reset tables.
- Tidy and replenish menus, cutlery and glasses.
What do you get?
- A great environment to complete your Bronze Award volunteering hours.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing to Hearing Dogs’ valuable work.
- The opportunity to meet new people (guests, staff, other volunteers and hearing dog partnerships) and perhaps learn new skills.
- Learn more about Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and what we do.
"Thank you so much for allowing me to complete my DofE at the Grange. It was an amazing experience and everyone I worked with was so helpful and kind. I will definitely miss it!"
We have six vacancies available:
These are weekly volunteer shifts, for 3 months, starting either September & December 2020.
*We have no more vacancies for March or June 2020*
How to apply:
To find out more or register for this role, please contact Isabelle Cottle in the Volunteering Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01844 348122.
Please note that applications must be made by the student themselves. This is the only role we offer for Duke of Edinburgh students at Hearing Dogs at this time.
Vacancies are offered on a first come, first served basis.