Hearing Dogs is pleased to be able to offer a volunteer role designed to help Duke of Edinburgh participants complete their Bronze Award volunteering hours.
We are looking for students to volunteer in The Grange Restaurant & Gift Shop at our head office in Saunderton, Buckinghamshire. The role allows students to complete their volunteer hours at the weekend, on a weekly basis, over three consecutive months.
The general purpose of this role is to assist with welcoming customers, serving food and beverages, and clearing tables. Specifically, you may be asked to:
- Welcome guests and help them find a suitable table
- Chat to guests generally and about Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
- Serve food and beverages
- Clear, clean and reset tables.
- Stock, polish and replenish counters and service points.
What do you get?
- A great environment to complete your Bronze Award volunteering hours.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing to Hearing Dogs’ valuable work.
- The opportunity to meet new people (guests, staff, other volunteers and hearing dog partnerships) and perhaps learn new skills.
- Learn more about Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and what we do.
How to apply:
We have four vacancies available:
Saturday AM 10am-12noon
Saturday PM 12-2pm
Sunday AM 10am-12noon
Sunday PM 12-2pm
These will run on a 3 monthly basis as follows:
June - August 2019 (Sat AM & Sun PM available)
September - November 2019
To find out more or register for this role, please contact Megan Higgs in the Volunteering Team at email@example.com or on 01844 348129. Please note that applications must be made by the student themselves. This is the only role we offer for Duke of Edinburgh students at this time and vacancies are offered on a first come, first served basis.