Duke of Edinburgh: Front of House Support
Hearing Dogs is pleased to be able to offer a volunteer role designed to help Duke of Edinburgh participants complete their Bronze Award volunteering hours.
We are looking for students to volunteer in our restaurant, The Grange, at our head office in Saunderton, Buckinghamshire. The role allows students to complete their volunteer hours at the weekend, on a weekly basis, over three consecutive months.
The general purpose of this role is to assist with welcoming customers, serving food and beverages, and clearing tables. Specifically, you may be asked to:
- Welcome guests and help them find a suitable table.
- Chat to guests generally and about Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
- Serve food and beverages.
- Clear, clean and reset tables.
- Tidy and replenish menus, cutlery and glasses.
- If volunteering over the Spring/Summer months, students will cover shifts in The Grange, our outdoor cafe the Little Grange, or a mixture of both.
What do you get?
- A great environment to complete your Bronze Award volunteering hours.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing to Hearing Dogs’ valuable work.
- The opportunity to meet new people (guests, staff, other volunteers and hearing dog partnerships) and perhaps learn new skills.
- Learn more about Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and what we do.
"Thank you so much for allowing me to complete my DofE at the Grange. It was an amazing experience and everyone I worked with was so helpful and kind. I will definitely miss it!"
- Saturday 12pm-2pm
- Saturday 2pm-4pm
- Sunday 10am-12pm
- Sunday 12pm-2pm
- Sunday 2pm-4pm
Please state what day/time would suit you when applying for this role. These vacancies are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please note our December 2021, March 2022, and June 2022 intakes are now full.
How to apply:
For more information, please contact Isabelle Cottle in the Volunteering Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01844 348129.
Please note that applications must be made by the student themselves. This is the only role we offer for Duke of Edinburgh students at Hearing Dogs at this time.