Duke of Edinburgh: Front of House Support
Hearing Dogs is pleased to be able to offer a volunteer role designed to help Duke of Edinburgh participants complete their Bronze Award volunteering hours.
We are looking for students to volunteer in our restaurant, The Grange, at our head office in Saunderton, Buckinghamshire. The role allows students to complete their volunteer hours at the weekend, on a weekly basis, over three consecutive months.
The general purpose of this role is to assist with welcoming customers, serving food and beverages, and clearing tables. Specifically, you may be asked to:
- Welcome guests and help them find a suitable table.
- Chat to guests generally and about Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
- Serve food and beverages.
- Clear, clean and reset tables.
- Tidy and replenish menus, cutlery and glasses.
What do you get?
- A great environment to complete your Bronze Award volunteering hours.
- Experience in completing an application form, following workplace practices and timekeeping.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing to Hearing Dogs’ valuable work.
- The opportunity to meet new people (guests, staff, other volunteers and hearing dog partnerships) and perhaps learn new skills.
- Learn more about Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and what we do.
- Job satisfaction - our customers love to give good feedback and often mention our volunteer team!
"Thank you so much for allowing me to complete my DofE at the Grange. It was an amazing experience and everyone I worked with was so helpful and kind. I will definitely miss it!"
Our first available start date is now March 2024. Vacancies are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Saturday - 10am-12noon
Sunday - 10am-12noon / 12noon-2pm/ 2pm-4pm
Saturday - 10am-12noon / 12noon-2pm / 2pm-4pm
Sunday - 12noon-2pm / 2pm-4pm
We are also open to take on volunteers for September 2024.
How to apply:
For more information, please contact the Volunteering Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01844 348129.
Please note that applications must be made by the student themselves, vacancies will be offered on a first come, first serve basis.
This is the only role we offer for Duke of Edinburgh students at Hearing Dogs at this time.