Dog cake recipes - Liver Cake
We recommend that liver cake should only be used as a high-value reward, and given to your dog in small quantities as part of a balanced diet. We also recommend that it should only be given to dogs and puppies over the age of six-months old. If you have any concerns about giving your dog a home cooked treat please check with your vet first.
- 1lb (450g) lamb or ox liver
- 1lb (450g) self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Milk or water
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug
- Add an equal volume of milk or water to the measuring jug and whisk
- Blend the liver in a food processor
- Add the egg mixture and flour. Blend to a sponge mixture consistency
- Empty contents into a greased baking tray. Bake at 180 degrees (or 350F) for 35 – 45 minutes
- Allow to cool then divide into 12 pieces and freeze
Psst! Don’t miss all the latest Hearing Dogs news…
Would you like to know more about us, our dogs and our amazing community? We have a free monthly e-newsletter that we send out to 30,000 of our fantastic friends. It would be great if you joined, too.
- Updates on how we train our dogs and how they change deaf people’s lives.
- A monthly dose of our adorable puppies!
- Behind-the-scenes stories and photos.
- News of upcoming events and ways you can help us create more hearing dogs.