Liver cake recipe
Get 5 free puppy Christmas cards
Get 5 free puppy Christmas cards!
Sponsor loveable Leo, cuddly Kai or adorable Otis for £5 or £10 a month - for yourself or as a gift - and you will receive a free pack of 5 Christmas cards featuring your gorgeous sponsor pup. Share the cuteness with family and friends!
Sponsor today - this offer applies only while stocks last.
Looking for a great treat to reward your dog? Have you thought of Liver Cake? Our hearing dogs absolutely love it. Read on to find out how to make it.
We recommend that liver cake should only be used as a high-value reward, and given to your dog in small quantities as part of a balanced diet. We also recommend that it should only be given to dogs and puppies over the age of six-months old. If you have any concerns about giving your dog a home cooked treat please check with your vet first.
- 1lb (450g) lamb or ox liver
- 1lb (450g) self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Milk or water
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug
- Add an equal volume of milk or water to the measuring jug and whisk
- Blend the liver in a food processor
- Add the egg mixture and flour. Blend to a sponge mixture consistency
- Empty contents into a greased baking trayBake at 180 degrees (or 350F) for 35 – 45 minutes
- Allow to cool then divide into 12 pieces and freeze