Dog cookie recipe - Fluffy chick
This biscuit, made with cornmeal, egg and liver, is ideal as a healthy biscuit for your dog.
(1 cup = 250ml volume)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup cooked chicken livers, finely chopped
- 2 bowls for mixing
- Chick cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In one bowl combine the flour and cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, vegetable oil and chicken broth.
- Add in the flour mixture about 1/3 at a time and mix well between each until the mixture forms a dough.
- Add the chopped chicken livers and knead for about 1 minute.
- Roll out to 2cm thickness.
- Use your cutter to create your cookies and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake treats for about 15 minutes or until firm, then allow to cool completely.
Find out how you can help
Want more, free, dog-friendly recipes?
Tasty treats are a great form of positive reinforcement for training our puppies, and our doggy testers soon let us know which ones are top favourites! We have lots more dog friendly treat recipes for you to try out on our recipes page.