Dog biscuit recipe - Bunny Crunchers
This biscuit has a hard, crunchy texture that can help to remove plaque from your dog’s teeth.
85g skimmed milk powder (lactose free)
57g bulgar wheat
255g wholemeal flour
375 ml chicken stock (or 1 chicken bouillon cube and 375 ml boiling water)
100g porridge oats
1 egg, beaten
2 mixing bowls
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F/160°C.
- In one mixing bowl, combine the milk powder, cornmeal, bulgar wheat and flour.
- In the other large mixing bowl, dissolve the bouillon cube in boiling water. Add the oats, let it stand for five minutes and then stir in the beaten egg. To this gradually add the dry ingredients mixture and blend together. Use your hands if necessary.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about five minutes.
- Roll the dough (using a rolling pin or bottle) to 1cm thickness.
- Cut out bunny-shapes using your cutter and place on a baking sheet, lined with foil.
Bake for 50 minutes.
Turn the oven off and leave in the oven to cool for several hours or overnight.
Keep at room temperature in a container with a loose-fitting lid. Will also freeze for up to six months.