Dog birthday cake recipe - Carrot and peanut butter cake
Looking for a treat for your dog that you could enjoy as well? This dog friendly recipe ticks both boxes and your dog will absolutely love it. Bake this healthy carrot and peanut butter cake as a special treat for you and your dog to share.
- 1 egg
- 65g 100% pure smooth peanut butter (all artificial sweeteners such as Xylitol*, Aspartame* etc are toxic to dogs)
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g runny honey
- 135g grated carrots
- 1 apple pureed (peel, remove core and pips; chop; cook in 1tbsp of water until soft)
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a ring cake tin or medium square tin.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey in a large bowl; blend well. Stir in the carrots and apple puree; mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and bicarb and fold into the mixture. Spoon the cake mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let the cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, spread the top with 100% peanut butter (must not contain Xylitol). Fresh carrot batons are optional.
Psst! Don’t miss all the latest Hearing Dogs news…
Would you like to know more about us, our dogs and our amazing community? We have a free monthly e-newsletter that we send out to 30,000 of our fantastic friends. It would be great if you joined, too.
- Updates on how we train our dogs and how they change deaf people’s lives.
- A monthly dose of our adorable puppies!
- Behind-the-scenes stories and photos.
- News of upcoming events and ways you can help us create more hearing dogs.