What are ‘cookies’?
A cookie is a small file which is sent from our website to your computer (or mobile or tablet) to help us recognise it quickly. Cookies allow websites to respond to you as an individual. The website can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies also help to analyse website traffic.
Do I have to agree to cookies?
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. If you do not change your browser settings and continue to use our websites we will infer that you have consented to us using cookies for the purposes set out below.
- Recognise you when you login and make it easier for you to access your account information.
- Allow us to personalise content to you.
- Monitor and analyse our website traffic so we can improve their performance and content on them.
- Control which adverts visitors see and how often they see them.
- Track the progress of donations, puppy sponsorships, shop transactions and form submissions on our site.
Please note that some of these Cookies are provided by third parties. These are mainly for reporting on advertising to help us improve the way we communicate with our supporters and ensure we advertise online in the most cost-effective way possible (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook and Inspectlet)
Our websites may feature embedded ‘share’ buttons to enable users to easily share articles with their friends through a number of popular social networks. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third-party Website for more information about these.