Our Supporter Promise
“My name is Faith Clark and I volunteer for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. I have done so, first as a trustee and then as Chairman, for more than 10 years. The Charity was co-founded by my mother in 1982, and so I have a very personal bond.
At Hearing Dogs we know that choosing to support a charity is a very personal decision, and we value each and every one of our supporters. Your commitment to us is made clear by the time and donations that you give to us so generously. I want to make our commitment to you equally clear, which is why our Supporter Promise sets out the ethos and values of the Charity – our promise to you."
You have my promise...
Kindness and commitment
Hearing Dogs is a kind charity. Every day, our clever dogs help hundreds of deaf children and adults get the best out of life. We are committed to helping our beneficiaries and making a difference throughout the duration of every partnership we create.
Our relationship with you, our supporters, is critical to the work we do. With your support, we commit to helping more deaf people every year by breeding, training and providing clever dogs that change lives.
Trust and transparency
Everything we do is driven by our desire to help as many deaf people as we can. Every donation, sponsorship or gift in a Will is put to use as effectively as possible to help more deaf people. Around 80 pence in every pound goes directly on helping our beneficiaries. The other 20 pence ensures we can continue to do this work on a sustainable long-term basis, by encouraging more support and making the public aware of what we do.
Privacy and respect
- We pride ourselves on not using aggressive fundraising techniques, and we want each and every experience you have with Hearing Dogs to be enriching and positive.
- We never use ‘chuggers’ who stop you in the street for donations – and we never will.
- We never use door-to-door fundraisers – and we never will.
- We never sell on the names of our supporters to other organisations – and we never will.
- We never offer commercial deals that do a disservice to our beneficiaries or our supporters – and we never will.
- We value and respect the choice you have made in supporting us.
Approachability and openness
If you’ve let us know that you’d like to support us, then we’d like to contact you from time to time to tell you about our work and our plans. You will always have the choice to opt out of all future communications.
Our approachable and friendly staff are happy to help you, but if we do make a mistake, please let us know. You can be assured of a heartfelt apology and a promise to promptly put things right.
If you want to get in touch, please email email@example.com or call 01844 348109.
Read about our Fundraising Regulator promise