The Big Feb Fundraiser for Hearing Dogs
Take on a fun challenge of your choice that involves the number 28 and join hundreds of others raising money to help deaf people leave loneliness behind. Knit every day for 28 days. Bake and sell 28 cakes. Do 28 sit-ups a day. Run 28 miles. Or do a 28-hour sponsored silence. The possibilities are endless!
How to take part in The 28 Challenge
- Choose a challenge to start at any point during February that involves the number 28!
- Sign up to get your free fundraising pack and The 28 Challenge tracker card.
- Create your fundraising page on Justgiving and ask your friends, family and social media contacts to sponsor you!
See below for some fabulous fundraising gifts you could receive!
Hannah, Peter, Lucy and more than 440 other challengers took part last year
Free fundraising pack and The 28 Challenge tracker card!
Get sponsored and get pawsome rewards!
We love our fundraising superstars! Could you be one?
When you raise £28 or more, you'll be entered into our prize draw to win a fabulous two-night Bed and Breakfast for two adults at your choice of Elite Hotel venues*
Raise £50 or more, and you'll also receive an exclusive Hearing Dogs t-shirt
Not able to take part, but still want to help?
Please consider donating £28 (or any amount you wish) here
By doing The 28 Challenge, you'll be directly helping deaf people. People like Ralph…
Ralph used to struggle with people’s lack of awareness of his ‘hidden disability’. Now his hearing dog, Winnie, lets people know he is deaf and makes him feel safe.
"I would miss sounds such as the fire alarm. This was especially worrying when I was alone in my london flat."
"I have lots of meetings, and I needed to be absolutely confident I'd hear my alarm and travel there on time. Sometimes at work, people assumed I was ignoring them."
"Winnie has been really helpful in raising awareness. People are more likely to take my hearing loss into consideration."
"Winnie is so attentive. I feel safe with her. She lets me know when the weekly fire alarm goes off, which is very reassuring. She also comes with me to work on the District Line!"
"I now never miss the important doorbells for deliveries of dog treats. If I were to sum her up it would be: full of love."
Please take part in The 28 Challenge and help more deaf people like Ralph to leave loneliness behind.
Here's how we're doing, thanks to all our 28 Challenge superstars! Check out our Top 10 Fundraisers on JustGiving, we ❤️ you guys!
*Terms and Conditions of Prize Draw
Gift voucher for two nights Bed & Breakfast for two adults at your choice of Elite Hotel (Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club, The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne or Tylney Hall Hotel & Gardens)
- To be eligible for entry to our prize draw you must be signed up for The 28 Challenge 2024 as well as raising £28 or more.
- Raising £28 or more entitles the participant one entry into the prize draw.
- The prize draw will take place on 14 March 2024 and conducted utilising a Random Name Generator.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- The result of the prize draw will be announced on The 28 Challenge Facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/28challenge on 14 March 2024.
- The prize is subject to availability and cannot be used across UK seasonal holidays.
- The voucher is based on two adults sharing a deluxe room, inclusive of breakfast on both mornings.
- The gift voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and cannot be extended.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash value.
- Travel to and from the hotel is not included.