What to expect
- Free bandana - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks or after daytime walks, there’s nothing better. Plus, it’s great, and it’s British!
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a certificate to say thank you!
Stanmer Park: the important details
When: Sunday 7 April 2019
Where: Stanmer Park, Lewes Road, Stanmer, Brighton, BN1 9SE
Walk start time: 11am
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day, Children (under 16): free
Distance: 5km (3 miles) and 8km (5 miles)
Terrain: 5km walk is flat with some inclines, 8km walk is flat with intermediate inclines
Parking: Free parking available
More: The walk will take you to the top of Stanmer Park which has a stunning view. Special offer of Stanmer House, Traditional Afternoon tea which is available at half price to all walkers at £14 for two and £10 for children, and use of the gazebo in their gorgeous grounds (afternoon tea must be booked in advance). A variety of other food and drink will be available at Stanmer House, however this will incur an additional cost.
A great day out for all the family!
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.
Rachel Annets Community Fundraising Manager South East London, Sussex and Kent
Tel 07435 964466