What to expect
- Free bandana - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks or after daytime walks, there’s nothing better. Plus, it’s great, and it’s British!
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a certificate to say thank you!
The Secret New Forest: the important details
When: Saturday 18 May 2019
Where: The Secret New Forest, Foxbury Common, Black Hill Road, West Wellow, near Romsey, SO51 6AQ
Walk start time: 11am
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day, Children (under 16): free
Distance: 3.5km (Family Route) or 6km (Scenic Route)
Terrain: All-weather gravel tracks, considered pushchair and wheelchair accessable. Common land has open and shaded parts.
Parking: Free parking on site
More: Discover this unique 'secret' New Forest site not normally open to the public! Foxbury is a 150-hectare invitation-only common made up of dry and wet heathland, ponds and woodland, it is a major renovation project and open exclusively for special events.
A great day out for all the family!
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.
Nicholas Orpin, Community Fundraising manager for South East and South West London