What to expect
- Free bandana - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks or after daytime walks, there’s nothing better. Plus, it’s great, and it’s British!
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a certificate to say thank you!
Margam Park: the important details -
When: Sunday 24 March 2019
Where: Margam Country Park, Margam, Neath, Port Talbot, SA13 2TJ
Walk start time: 11am
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day, Children (under 16): free
Distance: 3km (Family Route) or 5km (Scenic Route)
Terrain: 3km suitable for families and pushchairs, 5km not recommended for pushchairs
Parking: Parking is free for advance ticket holders, chargable parking available.
More: Margam Country Park covers 1000 acres of beautiful South Wales countryside, is steeped in history and attracts many visitors each year to enjoy the wildlife and natural beauty. The varied landscape, ranging from woodland to marshes, attracts a wide variety of wildlife including the famous Margam Deer Herd which roams over 500 acres of the park
A great day out for all the family!
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.
Susan Turnock, Community Fundraising Manager South West England and South Wales.
Tel 07483 058287