What to expect
- Free bandana - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks or after daytime walks, there’s nothing better. Plus, it’s great, and it’s British!
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a certificate to say thank you!
Lydiard Park: the important details
When: Saturday 6 April 2019
Where: Lydiard House & Park, Lydiard Tregoze, Swindon, SN5 3PA
Walk start time: 11am
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day, Children (under 16): free
Distance: 2.5km (Family Route) or 8km (Scenic Route)
Terrain: The 2.5km route will be through the grounds on maily level good gravel or tarmac paths, suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs. The 8km route will not be suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs
Parking: Paid parking available
More: Lydiard Park is a beautiful historic estate of 260 acres of parkland on the western edge of Swindon. The children's play area, Cafe & Tea Rooms make Lydiard Park a popular destination for both families and walkers.
A great day out for all the family!
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.
Susan Turnock, Community Fundraising Manager South West England and South Wales
Tel 07483 058287