What to expect
- Free bandana - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks or after daytime walks, there’s nothing better. Plus, it’s great, and it’s British!
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a certificate to say thank you!
Ightham Mote: the important details
When: Saturday 1 June 2019
Where: Ightham Mote, Mote Road, Ivy Hatch, Sevenoaks, TN15 0NT
Walk start time: 6pm
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day, Children (under 16): free
Distance: 3km (Family Route) or 8km (Scenic Route)
Terrain: 3km route is relatively gentle, 8km is unsuitable for small children and pushchairs, can be challenging in places.
Parking: Parking £3 per car, free for National Trust members
More: Due to Ightham Mote being closed at this time, the ground will be exclusive to The Great British Dog Walk walkers. The walk is extremely picturesque in the Kent countryside with many stunning views to be seen. This is an evening escorted walk starting at 6pm. Anyone arriving AFTER the walk has left the starting point will not be permitted to join the route for health and safety reasons. Although the walk is due to be finished by dusk, it may be slightly darker in the woodland area so walkers are recommended to bring a torch or head-torch and hi-vis collar or lead for their dog. The walk will start at 6pm with the last walkers estimated to be back at 8pm. Activities will be finishing by 9pm.
If you would like a tasty treat then sausages in baps and tea and coffee will be available to purchase before and after the walk. Please note that cakes will not be avalible at this walk.
A great day out for all the family!
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.
Rachel Annetts Community Fundraising Manager South East London, Sussex and Kent
Tel 07435 964466