What to expect
- Free bandana with every adult ticket - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks or after daytime walks, it’s great and it’s British! (incurs an additional fee)
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a special Great British Dog Walk certificate to say thank you!
Haldon Forest Park: the important details
When: Saturday 4 May 2019
Where: Haldon Forest Park, Bullers Hill, Kennford, Exeter, EX6 7XR
Walk start time: 5pm
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day, Children (under 16): free
Distance: 2.5km (Family Route) or 8km (Scenic Route)
Terrain: The 2.5km walk is on a shared cycle/pedestrian trail within the forest, suitable for families and pushchairs. 8km walk follows the same route then branches off into the forest, not suitable for pushchairs.
Parking: Paid parking available
More: This is an evening/twilight escorted walk starting at 5pm. Anyone arriving AFTER the walk has left the starting point will not be permitted to join the route for health and safety reasons. Although the walk is due to be finished by dusk, it may be slightly darker in the woodland area so walkers are recommended to bring a torch or head-torch and hi-vis collar or lead for their dog. Please note that the café will close at 6pm
Get sponsored and help this pup!
We’d really love for you or your dog to be sponsored, because every penny raised will help Troy become an amazing hearing dog – and help more deaf people leave loneliness behind.*
If you raise over £50, we will send you a special Great British Dog Walk certificate to say thank you!
*Any extra money raised will help train more hearing dogs.
A great day out for all the family!
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.