What to expect
- Free bandana - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks and after daytime walks, there’s nothing better. Plus, it’s great, and it’s British!
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a certificate to say thank you!
Haddo House: the important details
When: Saturday 13 April 2019
Where: Haddo House & Country Park, Methlick, Ellon, Aberdeenshire, AB41 7EQ
Walk start time: 11am
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day, Children (under 16): free
Distance: 3km (Family Route) or 8km (Scenic Route)
Terrain: The routes are over varied terrain and some areas can be uneven, only the 3km walk is suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
Parking: Parking available however charges may apply.
More: For over 500 years Haddo House was home to one family, the Gordons, who changed Haddo from a boggy valley into a stunning designed landscape of water, trees, fields and gardens. Now owned and managed by Aberdeenshire Council and the National Trust for Scotland, Haddo House & Country Park is one of the most popular attractions.
A great day out for all the family!
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.
Carol Jones, Community Fundraising Manager for Scotland
M: 07436 542544