What to expect
- Free bandana - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks or after daytime walks, there’s nothing better. Plus, it’s great, and it’s British!
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a certificate to say thank you!
Beale Park: the important details
When: Saturday 30 March 2019
Where: Beale Park, Pangbourne, Reading, Berkshire, RG8 9NW
Walk start time: 11am
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day Children (under 16): free
Distance: 5km (Family Route) or 7.5km (Scenic Route)
Terrain: Flat terrain along field paths, river tow path and park road
Parking: Event parking £2 suggested fee
More: Beale Park is a unique venue set amongst 350 acres of stunning parkland, nestling on the banks of the River Thames. All dogs are welcome on the GBDW routes. Post-GBDW Special Offer - free entry to the Wildlife Section for all walkers to see the wild birds and animals saving £11 adults & £9 children! Professional doggy creche available for pet dogs in GBDW village area while you visit (conditions apply).
A great day out for all the family!
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.
Nicholas Orpin, Community Fundraising manager for South East and South West London