What to expect
- Free bandana - Every four-legged friend gets a free bandana so they’ll look even cuter.
- Meet a hearing dog - Find out how deaf people have reconnected with life.
- Tea and cake - Before evening walks or after daytime walks, there’s nothing better. Plus, it’s great, and it’s British!
- Fun for dogs - We’re all about dogs! Depending on which walk you take part in, we have dog agility, shows and games.
- If you ask people to sponsor you or your dog, and raise more than £50, we’ll send you a certificate to say thank you!
Gibside: the important details
When: Sunday 17 March 2019
Where: Gibside National Trust, Near Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, NE16 6BG
Walk start time: 8km walk will start at 11am and the 3km walk will start at 11.30am.
Cost: Adults: £10 online, £12 on the day, Children (under 16): free
Distance: 3km (Family Route) or 8km (Scenic Route)
Terrain: Some steep, uneven sections.
Parking: Free parking available
More: Enjoy fine valley views, winding paths and refreshing open spaces with a tranquil walk through this spectacular Georgian landscape garden
A great day out for all the family!
Get your tickets for Gibside
"It’s lovely to see so many local people with their dogs supporting such a wonderful charity. Hearing Dogs help deaf people leave loneliness behind, and the Great British Dog Walk is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the work they do as well as getting your dog sponsored to help raise vital funds." - Rachel Riley, TV presenter
The event organiser!
For more information about this walk please contact the event organiser using the details below.
Lucy Ward, Community Fundraising Manager for North East England
01759 322255 / 07769 901292