Regional Training Manager
Location: Home based (within 100 miles of our Yorkshire centre) with frequent travel
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £37,884 per annum + car allowance
What we do
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People transform the lives of deaf people by the provision of a hearing dog. We train more than 200 dogs per year for deaf adults and children.
Accounting for 60% of the workforce, comprising of 100 employees and nearly 600 full time volunteers, the operations department is responsible for the breeding (dog supply), training and welfare of up to 450 dogs in training.
What you will be doing
The role of the Regional Training Manager is to support the development and training of Hearing Dog puppies to become future life changers.
The Regional Training Manager is responsible for leading, motivating and providing support to a team of up to 5 Area Hub Managers.
Each Hub manager oversees 6 staff members, the training of up to 60 dogs and a team of 120 volunteers. Regional Training Managers ensure that the Area Hub Managers are aligned with their team targets, adept at handling challenges, delays, and issues, whilst ensuring the best possible standards are achieved with each and every dog.
Regional Training Managers work remotely within their region. Frequent travel and visits (including some overnight stays) to centres are also required.
What you will need to succeed
- Proven track record managing teams, oversight of productivity and delivery of targets.
- Proven track record in developing staff and supporting career progression.
- Proven ability to set targets, review KPIs and implement strategy from a national perspective.
- Exceptional management skills to lead diverse Area Hub managers and create a dynamic and productive team is essential.
- An interest in team culture development is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of canine behaviour and training is essential.
- Experience managing change in teams.
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us in this varied and immensely rewarding job, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you'd be perfect for the role to email@example.com
Closing date & interviews
- Closing date for applications is Friday 8th December 2023
- Interviews w/c 11th and 18th December 2023
Registered charity in England and Wales (293358) and in Scotland (SC040486)