Communications and Media Executive
Role: Communications and Media Executive
Hours: Full time - 35 hours per week
Location: Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, The Grange, Saunderton, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £24,000 per annum
At Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, we train dogs to alert deaf people to important and life-saving sounds they would otherwise miss, such as the alarm clock, oven timer, smoke alarms and even baby monitors. Our dogs also provide love, companionship, and emotional support, which is just as important as many of the deaf people who come to us for help struggle with feelings of loneliness and isolation.
We are looking for a Communications and Media Executive to support on various communications, media, marketing and fundraising activity to attract and engage new and existing supporters, to help the department to deliver its communications and marketing objectives.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you’ll work as part of a small but busy team on a wide range of both internal and public-facing communications that tell the story of the Charity and the deaf people we help.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- At least 2 years of experience in a PR, communications, or marketing role
- A strong grasp on the importance of storytelling, with excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills – equally comfortable writing press releases, social media posts, newsletter articles and website/blog content
- Experience in dealing with media enquiries from national, regional and specialist press, including TV production companies
- A strong understanding of traditional, digital and social media comms channels and platforms and the types of content that works best for each
- The ability to build good working relationships and to put people at ease when their stories are being told
- The ability to prioritise and work proactively under your own initiative, in a changing environment and with tight deadlines
- A keenness to take on a wide range of tasks to support the Charity’s communication, marketing and fundraising activity
If you have a passion for communication and storytelling and want to use your skills to help change the lives of deaf people, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
- Contact Recruitment at email@example.com for an application pack.
- Please can you also email three examples of written content you have created (such as press releases, blog posts, social media posts etc.)
Closing date and interviews
- Closing date 13th August
- First interviews will take place over Microsoft Teams from 23rd August
- Second interviews will take place in person at The Grange, Saunderton and will include a short presentation
Please note this role is based at The Grange (Saunderton, Buckinghamshire) but will likely start off as a mix of office and home-based working following the Covid-19 pandemic.