Volunteers' Week 2020 - Lockdown Litters
Posted by Victoria Leedham
We would like to give the upmost respect and thanks to the phenomenal volunteers who have helped bring little life-changers into the world during these difficult recent times.
1. The E Litter – Éclair, Elvis, Elton, Eileen, Esther, Erica, Ezra & Evian.
Nicky, mum to our E litter, delivered these eight Labradorable puppies in March. A huge thank you to their volunteer Sue Barlow for very competently raising these fabulous and lively bunch, including Éclair and Elton who are notably our first own-bred Chocolate Labradors!
2. The F Litter - Coco, Florrie, David (was Farrell), Frisbee, Feather & Finbow.
The fabulous F litter have been stars of our social media pages since birth with their volunteer Fiona Daniels posting adorable daily pupdates to share the joy. Massive thanks are due for her cool head and experienced hands in whelping these six gorgeous Cockapoo pups - a second successful litter for mum Hebe.
3. The G Litter – Gordon, George, Gertie & Gracie.
It wasn’t the most straightforward of births, but volunteer Anne Weatherill and her husband Andy did an outstanding job of welcoming Tia’s four little black Labrador puppies into the locked-down world. The gorgeous G’s are now seven weeks old and nearly ready for their next stage in life thanks to everything Anne and Tia have done for them.
4. The H Litter - Honey, Happy, Hope, Humphrey, Heidi & Hallie.
Our huggable H litter are definitely that! Now five weeks old the H’s are doing so well and carer Alice James says their personalities are really starting to shine through. “Elsa is being the best mum” Alice reports and the scrumptious six are melting our hearts every day!
5. The J Litter – Jez, Joe, Jessica, Jake, Jay, Joy, James & Julian.
The J litter are now four weeks old and are all doing just fabulously! A huge thank you is due to volunteer Jessica Upton and family for helping Rose to safely deliver these eight gorgeous little Spaniel puppies. As a vet Jessica is a volunteer with very specialist skills and able to step in to help deliver and raise litters in times of need or particular medical circumstances. Thanks also to volunteers Anabela & Paul Alexander who agreed to temporarily part with expectant mum Rose in order to ensure safe delivery of the J litter during lockdown, following some complications in her previous litters.
6. The K Litter – Kodak, Komet, Kiwi, Koppa & Kes.
Our last litter, the K’s born to mum Nova, are also four weeks old and aren’t they just such K-uties! Volunteer Louise Hrycak and daughter Jay are doing such an exemplary job raising these pups, we can’t wait to follow their progress as they grow, learn and eventually become proud hearing dogs for deaf people.
Share this post with your friends
Psst! Don’t miss all the latest Hearing Dogs news…
- Updates on how we train our dogs and how they change deaf people’s lives.
- A monthly dose of Cute Corner – a post dedicated to our adorable puppies!
- Behind-the-scenes stories and photos.
- News of upcoming events and ways you can help us create more hearing dogs.
All comments are moderated