This month in training: October 2018
Posted by Matt Sadler
October is another busy month for our hearing dogs as they continue to learn new skills in their training classes. Find out what they've been up to in their lessons.
1. Oshi joined our puppy training scheme
Eight-week-old Oshi has moved in with his new puppy socialising volunteer, where he will spend the next 18 months learning all the skills needed to become the paw-fect hearing dog.
He may look little now, but one day he will transform the life of a deaf person. Good luck Oshi.
2. Layla had a fab time at the beach
Layla did such a great job concentrating on waiting patiently that she didn't notice the tide coming in! Great job Layla, now it's time to dry off.
3. Meg and Miley are now hearing dogs
Fab news as sisters Meg (left) and Miley both went home with their recipients on the same day. These clever cockerpoos excelled in their hearing dog training and we know they are going to make such a difference to their recipients.
4. Ash did a spot of shopping
Hearing dog puppy Ash did a great job when he went on a shopping trip with his puppy socialiser. He kept his concentration at all times and did exactly what he was asked to do.
Hearing dogs accompany a deaf person in lots of public places – including busy and interesting venues like shops, garden centres and markets. Our dogs need to understand all the things on display are not for them, and they should be on their best behaviour regardless of all the distractions.
5. Murphy had the best time in his soundwork lesson
He may be almost a fully-fledged hearing dog, but that doesn't mean that Murphy has stopped having fun in his training. This photo was taken during a recent soundwork lesson, where Murphy is honing his skills to alert a deaf person to important, and potentially life-saving, sounds.
Share this post with your friends
Psst! Don’t miss all the latest Hearing Dogs news…
- Updates on how we train our dogs and how they change deaf people’s lives.
- A monthly dose of Cute Corner – a post dedicated to our adorable puppies!
- Behind-the-scenes stories and photos.
- News of upcoming events and ways you can help us create more hearing dogs.
All comments are moderated