This month in training: August 2018
Posted by Sarah O'Brien
Our hearing dog puppies have been busy learning new skills in their training classes! Find out what they've been up to August.
1. Mason did a great job taking the train
Public transport didn't faze Mason and he enjoyed travelling by train. Well done Mason!
It's really important our hearing dog pups experience travelling on public transport before they become a hearing dog. If a deaf person gets a bus or a train to work, we want to make sure their new hearing dog is comfortable with this experience.
2. Yoshi went on his first shopping trip
Hearing dog puppy Yoshi did a great job on his first shopping trip. He kept his concentration at all times and was the perfect assistance dog.
Hearing dogs accompany a deaf person in lots of public places – including busy and interesting venues like garden centres, shops and markets. Our dogs need to understand all the things on display are not for them, and they should be on their best behaviour regardless of all the distractions.
3. Rocky earned his learning jacket
Congratulations to Rocky, who has earned his learning jacket after passing the second stage of hearing dog training - the Puppy 2 Star.
Rocky will now have the opportunity to make his own decisions rather than being told what to do and we will introduce the soundwork that will help him transform a deaf person's life.
4. Cosmo enjoyed his first big walk in the outside world
Hearing dog puppy Cosmo is growing up fast and loved his first big walk. Not only that, but he was very well behaved. He will be changing a deaf person's life in next to no time.
Share this post with your friends
Psst! Don’t miss all the latest Hearing Dogs news…
- Updates on how we train our dogs and how they change deaf people’s lives.
- A monthly dose of Cute Corner – a post dedicated to our adorable puppies!
- Behind-the-scenes stories and photos.
- News of upcoming events and ways you can help us create more hearing dogs.
All comments are moderated